Cannington Church of England Primary School was originally established around 1856. We are situated in the heart of the village on a large site having our own playing fields and a range of outdoor learning spaces. Our school buildings include classrooms, a library space, computer suite, main hall, staff room, and extended schools room all of which are fully accessible.
Children benefit from well-developed school grounds including a wildlife area, a developing spirituality garden, and large green spaces. We are proud of our status as a Church of England School and work in partnership with The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Cannington and The Diocese of Bath and Wells to deliver an education founded on Christian values. We especially focus on four of the Christian Values – friendship, forgiveness, trust, and hope.
We aim to:
- Deliver a creative curriculum
- Enable children of all abilities to realise their work is important and valued
- Help children to find enjoyment in a wide variety of aspects of school life
- Ensure children develop a sense of ownership of the school
- Encourage children to do their best and to be proud of their achievements
- Demonstrate the value of being honest, polite, and tolerant towards others
- Develop self-discipline and independence in each child
- Work with and receive the support of all parents and carers
Love each other like brothers and sisters. Outdo one another in showing honour and respect. (Romans 12:10)
Do not be angry with each other, but forgive each other. If someone does wrong to you, then forgive them. Forgive each other because the Lord forgave you. (Colossians 3:13)
Remember that I commanded you to be strong and brave. So don't be afraid. The Lord your God will be with you everywhere you go. (Joshua 1:9)
May the God who gives hope fill you with great joy. May you have perfect peace as you trust in him. May the power of the Holy Spirit fill you with hope. (Romans 15:13)